Hello everyone! I was just reading the latest post over at Sassy And Dangerous and Talina was talking about this awesome thing called the #BookBlogWriMo!
Click here for more info!
Visit Book Bumblings to join the fun!
“Basically, it’s a lax version of NaNoWriMo for book bloggers. I created prompts for each day, discussing different topics around books, blogging, and books + blogging.
There’s no word count requirement, no daily writing requirement, very little requirements in general. Just post the posts on the day they should be posted!
Your answers to the prompts can be as short or long as you like.”
I read the schedule and it sounds like so much fun!
- 11/1 – History of Your Blog – Tell us how you got started! When did you start your blog? Why? What have been some of your trials and tribulations? How many pigs did you have to sacrifice to get people to see your Facebook posts?
- 11/2 – How You Read – Paperback? Hardcover? Ereader? Smartphone? Bookmarks, note taking in the margins, or highlighting? Tell us some of your reading rituals!
- 11/3 – Where You Read – Pretty self-explanatory. Bonus for a picture!
- 11/4 – Why You Blog – Again, self-explanatory.
- 11/5 – Where You Blog – Bonus for a picture!
- 11/6 – #TBT – Favorite Childhood Books – What were some of your favorite books way back when? This could be a read from before you could read, or what you spent summers by the pool with in high school.
- 11/7 – #FlashbackFriday – Blog’s First Design – This one’s fun! Oh, how blogs evolve! Go to WayBackMachine.com, enter your blog’s URL, and take a screenshot of what you used to look like!
- 11/8 – Your Blogging Toolkit – We could all blog smarter! Share some of the best tools in your blogging arsenal.
- 11/9 – Your Blogging Workflow – Lifters can take their #gymflow and shove it. Share your blogging process and rituals using the hashtag #blogflow.
- 11/10 – Memes You Meme – Do you #ThrowbackThursday or indulge in a little #ManCandyMonday? Share some of your favorite meme posts from your blog or social media pages.
- 11/11 – #Top10Tuesday – Most Popular Posts – Head on over to Google Analytics or wherever your stats are located and find the 10 most popular posts on your blog. Link to them, talk about them, tell us why we should love them.
- 11/12 – Advice for Newbie Bloggers – Be Yoda. Share your secrets. Do or do not, there is no try.
- 11/13 – Your Review Process – Do you write your review the second you finish the book? Months later? Take notes as you read?
- 11/14 – Your Ratings System – A lot of blogs have ratings policies or systems. Some don’t, but they really do. What makes you decide how many stars to give?
- 11/15 – Favorite Book Blogging Things – Feel free to talk about the wonderful host of BookBlogWriMo and how much you love her.
- 11/16 – Least Favorite Book Blogging Things – Yeah, sometimes blogging is a pain in the ass. Tell us why.
- 11/17 – Favorite Book Tropes – Friends with benefits? Manic pixie dream girl? What cliche-type things do you never get sick of?
- 11/18 – Favorite Subgenres – Self-explanatory.
- 11/19 – #WaitingOnWednesday – TBR Books – Name some books on your TBR shelf and why you’re looking forward to reading them.
- 11/20 – #TBT – Best Books of 2014 – Do a top 10, top 20, or hell, top 100 list of books you’ve enjoyed this year.
- 11/21 – #FlashbackFriday – Your First Reviews – Link up to your some of your first reviews. Feel free to get reflective.
- 11/22 – #ShowMeYourShelves – Take a picture of your bookshelves, whether they’re physical or Kindle folders. It’s always fun seeing how people organize their books!
- 11/23 – Book Boyfriend Criteria – What do you look for in a book boyfriend? Build your dream man. Book boyfriend examples and pictures of hot guys encouraged.
- 11/24 – Reading Cave Fantasies – You know those awesome reading nooks on BuzzFeed and Pinterest? Describe what yours would look like.
- 11/25 – How You Deal with Book Hangovers – Pig out? Take a nap? How do you deal?
- 11/26 – Cheating on Books: TV & Movies – What are your favorite ways to cheat on books?
- 11/27 – Authors You’re Thankful For – Who’s sitting at your dream Thanksgiving table?
- 11/28 – Book Pet Peeves – What plot lines or stereotypes make you cringe or DNF?
- 11/29 – The Future of Your Blog – Where do you think you’re going? Get in touch with your inner Miss Cleo.
- 11/30 – #BookBlogWriMo Wrap Up – Tell us what you thought of this “challenge!” It will be helpful in future planning. It’s also another chance to give your BookBlogWriMo posts some extra inbound links, and show some love to posts from other participants.
I’ll be linking all my posts back to this post so if you’d like to read them all at once once they’re up, come back here! Or you can check out de blog everyday in November! I can’t wait to start – I’m already drafting the first couple posts 🙂 If you’re planning to participate, leave a comment/link so I can read yours too!
0 thoughts on “Join the #BookBlogWriMo!”
Hey Laura! I can't wait to read your posts! We should definitely talk more about this soon! 🙂
Hey! Are you doing it too? This has made me so excited for November 🙂 Yes – haha 😀
I will be, yes! I'm currently writing for the first day while watching Pretty Little Liars!
Yay! I love that show!!
I am so excited about participating in this!I look forward to reading your post!Kenzi @Shattered Hearts Reviews
Me too! Thanks – you too!
Thanks so much for signing up!
You're welcome Brittany! Thanks for hosting!