Thank you so much to Jayne from Booking Awesome for nominating me! Since I’ve already done this award, I’ll just be answering the questions and not nominating anyone else new. Here are the rules in case you missed them in my last post of this award:
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees
3. Do you like to write yourself? If so, what book/author inspires you the most?
– This is a really tough question… Yes, I do like writing myself. I don’t really know though what authors really inspire me the most… Well actually, I really like Tahereh Mafi’s writing in the Shatter Me series. You know, how she’s basically the queen of metaphors and crazy sentence structure but it all still flows so well? Yeah. Pretty sweet stuff. Just while I’m thinking about it nothing else comes to mind so I guess she inspires me the most!
4. What is your number one tip for read-a-thons?
– Yeah so here’s the thing – I haven’t actually done a read-a-thon yet. I know, it’s basically like the right of passage for book bloggers. I’ve done BOTM’s (Book Of The Month’s) but never really a read-a-thon. So I could actually use some advice on that before I embark on my very first one!
5. If you could play the part of one character in a movie, who would it be?
– I’d love to play Katniss in the Hunger Games. Move over J Law! I’m not an actor AT ALL but I think all those stunts would be so much fun! And Katniss is involved in so much, I’d get to see everything and be a part of it 🙂
6. Would you survive the Hunger Games? Why or why not?
– Honestly, I don’t think I would. I mean, I’m a pretty kind-hearted person and I don’t think I could ever kill anyone or take part in that. Of course, I would want to live though. So maybe there’s a small chance I could just hide for the entire thing and come out on top. But I think I’m mostly like Peeta when he said that he didn’t want the Capitol to change him. I wouldn’t want that either.
7. Would you rather read only series’ or stand alones?
– I’m going to go with series’. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, then you know that I really don’t like having to give up characters. At the moment, I’m pretty at war with myself whether or not I want to finish Blood of Olympus. I mean, it’s the last book in the companion series to the PJO series which is the series that got me interested in reading in the first place. It’d be like the death of my childhood! So anyway, series’. That way, I have more time with my beloved characters. Could you imagine if the Throne of Glass series was a stand alone? The horror!
8. What do your book shelves usually look like?
– Well. I don’t think I’ve posted a picture on here yet (I have on Instagram and Twitter) of my new bookshelf. Yes, for Christmas, I got a new bookshelf! So anyway, they normally look normal I guess. I don’t ever stack books sideways (not standing up) or stack books in front of other books. I keep it so I can always see the entire spine and none of my books are crushed.
9. How many groups are you a part of on Goodreads?
– This is an actual problem because I’m a part of 98 groups but only post in like 5. Isn’t that sad? So I’ll be doing a cleaning and figuring out what I’m going to do about that.
10. Random Question: What song do you wish you were listening to right now?
– Ah well, I actually am listening to Mike Posner’s Cooler Than Me. I’ve recently been obsessing about Taylor Swift’s new album, The Script’s new album No Sound Without Silence, Smallpools Dreaming, and Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling and Lizzy Hale. I love a lot of other artists but there are just too many to name! Here are some of those songs if you haven’t heard them and want to have a listen.