I saw this tag over at Lauren’s blog Always Me a couple months ago and thought it looked pretty fun so here we are! You just answer a bunch of questions related to sleeping and books! I’m not going to tag anyone in particular but if you’d like to do it, be my guest! It’s a really fun tag!
1. Books that kept you up all night reading.
– This is pretty much every book in my favorites folder on Goodreads! Some of my absolute favorites are Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Don’t Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala, and The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa!
2. Book that made you scared to go to sleep.
– I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that made me scared to go to sleep… I do remember when I first watched World War Z… that was definitely creepy! I kept checking behind the shower curtain for zombies! I remember reading this one thing once that said “To all the people that check behind their shower curtains for axe murderers: if you find one, what’s your plan?” I cannot seem to find the picture but I seriously started developing a plan!
3. Book that made you go to sleep.
– The Gunslinger series by Stephen King. It’s not that it’s a terrible series… just that it’s not very exciting and there are long periods of metaphorical speaking that don’t exactly keep you awake when you’re tired.
4. Book that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation of it’s release.
– QUEEN OF SHADOWS! After I finished Heir of Fire at like 2am, I couldn’t stop thinking about what Queen of Shadows would contain and what would happen to Celaena. I seriously cannot wait for it to be released!
5. Book that has your dream boyfriend.
– Four/Tobias from the Divergent series! He pretty much came to life when Theo James took up his character in the movies!
6. Book that would be your worst nightmare to live in.
– The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I love the story and Alison is such a great MC but I could never live in that world. You draw a short straw for everything unless you’re a master vampire with a city under your control. It’s such a cool world but I’d never want to live in it!
7. Book that reminds you of the night time.
– The Young Elites by Marie Lu. While I’m reading this I just can’t help but imagine all the scenes at night. And it’s such a dark book, full of mystery and suspense. An awesome book!
8. Book that had a nightmarish cliffhanger.
– Envious by Katie Keller-Nieman. That cliffhanger was BRUTAL. Luckily, Ms. Keller-Nieman kindly offered me the next book to read and review so I wouldn’t go absolutely insane! That’s a really dark book too…
9. Book that you actually dreamed about.
– I’ve actually dreamed I lived in the Harry Potter world and I took the place of Hermione. I guess this is kind of fitting because I share so much with Hermione including her love of books and the library! I’ve also dreamed I was Celaena in the Throne of Glass series. Mostly, I just want her athleticism and general badassery skills!
10. Book monster that you would not like to find under your bed.
– Aragog from Harry Potter for sure! I have a thing for spiders… especially gigantic harry one’s… (see what I did there??). I know he’s nice to Hagrid but I wouldn’t want to find him in my life!
So that’s that! Let me know what your answers would be or just make a post on your blog and send me the link!
0 thoughts on “The Bedtime Book Tag”
Love reading your 'Book Tag' posts!!
This is an interesting tag! I've never heard of it, but I just did it! Here's mine: http://bookchick2013.blogspot.ca/2015/03/the-bedtime-book-tag.htmlI loved some of your selections, like Sarah J. Maas; I want to read her books really bad!Alex @ Book Chick
I really need to check out The Immortal Rules series, you have me curious about it now! (I had no idea it was about vampires…) I watched like 5 minutes of World War Z and left the room because I HATE movies where the I have to watch people die in a high stress world-ending environment (especially pets and kids…I'm still not over the dog dying in I Am Legend!)
🙂 It's so much fun writing them too!
I know right! When I saw it on Lauren's blog, I had to do it! I'll check it out!She is seriously a writing genius 😀
It's really good – I hope you like it if you decide to read it! Haha yes it's a dystopia where vampires are introduced into society after hiding because of a virus that's killing everything. It's pretty intense but really good!I Am Legend ripped my heart out. Both IAL and WWZ were really good but I don't think I'll ever rewatch them. It's just so sad even though it has a sort of happy ending…
I love your choices! The Young Elites does feel like nighttime (I haven't finished it yet, but I am adamant to finish it)!I also really want to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass! I did this tag through Book Chick, let me know what you think: http://missmoviecanada.blogspot.ca/2015/03/bedtime-book-tag.html
Thanks! I hope you like the ending :DYou haven't read it yet?? It's such a good book – I hope you like it!I'll check it out!